A timeless journey
Enjoy the routes through time, from the Antique Greece era till nowadays. Visit the Temple of Apollo Epicurius, the remainders of the ancient Temple of Pan, the amazing stone-built threshing floors and the old watermills.
Get enchanted by the alternating patterns of nature that follow the flow of water. Walk amidst the majestic chestnut woods, the oak trees, the old plantations and the streams with plane trees.
All this journey, through picturesque little villages and small churches that looks like a journey through time, is nothing but a timeless journey. Because when you enjoy what you do, you stop having the sense of time.
By road from Athens (2.5 hours):
• Follow the National Road Athens / Corinth – National Road Corinth / Tripoli and Kalamata.
• Take the exit after Megalopolis, towards Leontari.
• Turn left and after about 2km. go right uphill
• Turn right and follow the signs to Ampeliona – Neda – Temple of Apollo.
• When you reach the center of the village Lykaio (attention!!!) turn left towards Ampeliona, do not cross the whole village.
By road from Kalamata (1.5 hours):
• Follow A/D Kalamata / Tripoli.
• Take exit 16 towards Patras / Pyrgos.
• After about 6km turn right towards Diavolitsi and follow the signs to Ampeliona – Neda – Temple of Epicurean Apollo.
By road from Pyrgos (1.5 hours):
• Follow coastal road EO Pyrgos / Kyparissia.
• About 40km. after the center of Pyrgos turn left towards Andritsaina / Krestena and follow the signs to Temple of Epicurean Apollo – Ampeliona
Hiking boots, hat, sunscreen, long trousers, walking poles are considered essential. It is also advisable not to walk alone and to always keep with you a first aid kit. A torch, and a well charged mobile phone are also advisable.
- Take only memories, leave only footprints! Ants and other insects or animals have not yet discovered how to consume plastic. Take all rubbish back with you.
- Don’t start a fire if you feel cold! Try to walk faster!
- Smoking on the trail will not help in anything! Nor you, nor the risk of fire!
- Local people are not a tourist sight! If you want to take a picture, kindly ask. They will certainly smile to you!
- If you find a door on the trail, pass freely, and leave it as you found it!
- Stay on the trail. There is a reason why for many centuries people chose to walk on them and not elsewhere!