Enjoy the routes through time, from the Antique Greece era till nowadays. Visit the Temple of Apollo Epicurius, the remainders of the ancient Temple of Pan, the amazing stone-built threshing floors and the old watermills.
Get enchanted by the alternating patterns of nature that follow the flow of water. Walk amidst the majestic chestnut woods, the oak trees, the old plantations and the streams with plane trees.
All this journey, through picturesque little villages and small churches that looks like a journey through time, is nothing but a timeless journey. Because when you enjoy what you do, you stop having the sense of time.
Follow the National Road Athens to Korinthos and then Korinthos to Kalamata. After the exit “Megalopolis” you will find the exit “Leontari”, which is the one you will follow. In the cross you will turn left and follow the road for about 1 to 2 km looking for signs to Neda and Abeliona, where you should turn right to the exit with a bridge and right to the bridge. You will come across the train rails and keep on the road to Lykaio. Caution, you will not cross the village Lykaio. You will turn left approximately to the middle of the village; there is a sign to Abeliona. You will find 600m approximately of dirt road, keep driving to this direction for Neda. After a while you will reach your destination.The route from Athens to Abeliona is about 2,5 hours. Signs to Abeliona exist to whole route from Leontari and on.
Hiking boots, hat, sunscreen, long trousers, walking poles are considered essential. It is also advisable not to walk alone and to always keep with you a first aid kit. A torch, and a well charged mobile phone are also advisable.
- Take only memories, leave only footprints! Ants and other insects or animals have not yet discovered how to consume plastic. Take all rubbish back with you.
- Don’t start a fire if you feel cold! Try to walk faster!
- Smoking on the trail will not help in anything! Nor you, nor the risk of fire!
- Local people are not a tourist sight! If you want to take a picture, kindly ask. They will certainly smile to you!
- If you find a door on the trail, pass freely, and leave it as you found it!
- Stay on the trail. There is a reason why for many centuries people chose to walk on them and not elsewhere!